Sunday, January 20, 2008

Dead Cassettes

It occurs to me that if my cassette player on my stereo ever breaks I will not want to replace it. I notice that the rewind feature moves terribly slow, which might be the first sign of death. I have a lot of tapes that I would hate to lose, such as weird live recordings (The Firm from 1985 that one of the people I went with recorded out of his knapsack) and also Slim's old band Dairyland Jubilee (he does have masters of those tapes but who has a machine to listen to that?).

So I dug out this old converter called Instant Music that someone once gave to me which is supposed to connect the stereo to the computer and allow you to record.
I have spent the past 3 hours trying to get it to work, but it just won't "hear" the music. I tried every combination of plug that I could think of, and 2 different softwares (Nero and Cakewalk) and I cannot get a sound to come into the pc through this machine.

No comments: