Friday, October 09, 2009

The Goldmine of E 13th Street

I came across this scene in front of my very good friend Mason Reese's Destinations on Ave A & E 13th Street this evening. I went to line-up for my free ice cream, only to discover that it costs cash money. Then I saw that it was Gay Ice Cream, and that explained the line snaking around the corner. You can't get Gay Ice Cream by going to a store, it has to come to you.

There was also a cupcake truck with its own share of carb-loaders lined up but it disappeared just as I arrived with the camera. Coincidence?
The third truck raking it in on the same corner was selling scallion pancakes. Yes, it was.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The gay ice cream truck guy is really nice. I think his personality is half the attraction to his truck.
Ham and ice cream.....hmmmm...
B.T.W- this week I saw the man hired by Drop Off Service sweeping the entire area from the bar to corner....he picked up every piece of trash and cig butt , kudos' to owner's for being such good neighbor's. Now if only the other bar owner's (H.B's) would do the same!

mason reese said...

Seriously....are we so embarrassed that we're now abbreviating the slur?! Cut the crap already! Has anyone noticed that for the last month we've been closing our windows MUCH earlier? Yeah, I guess you can't see past the swarm of frat boys to notice!

Jill said...

A couple weeks ago I walked by Destinations at 11:30pm on either a Fri or Sat (can't remember) and the windows were wide open. The bouncer told me they would close them at midnight. I don't consider that early.

mason reese said...

Really?? 11:30 on a weekend?? Jill..obviously it's not too late if you're out enjoying yourself at that hour!