Friday, February 13, 2009

Twelfth Night - Half Price This Weekend

On the third play in a row with the theme of mistaken identities, the Pearl Theater on St. Mark's Place is performing Shakespeare's Twelfth Night. I have never seen nor read this play before so I have nothing to compare it to. I thought it was very entertaining and funny. It's a play about love and wordplay, drinking and music. If there are sober moments in the play, this company decided to skip them and go for the laughs, which is fine with me. So far this season I think it's the best of the bunch.

They are offering two for one tickets through Feb 15 if you use the code "Hearts."

Please support The Pearl, they are one of the gems of our neighborhood (ha ha sorry).

1 comment:

esquared™ said...

One of my favorite Shakespeare plays. Been passing by the Pearl Theater and been meaning to watch that. I don't think the 2 for 1 would benefit me much, since I'm probably gonna end up watching this on my own (unless i can scalp that other ticket)