Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Congratulations Katie!

Wow, in amazing news, Kate Christensen has won the Pen/Faulkner Prize for her novel The Great Man. I'm not sure what it means when a contemporary wins such a great honor, it kind of makes me feel old, and of course, like a complete failure in comparison. But trumping that, my heart is filled with joy that her hard work and perseverance have paid off.

It is now clear that my prescience in getting her to sign my books will have been a good move. In 100 years perhaps my grandchildren will be able to pay for college by selling them. Ha. But truly, Katie I am sure you are too busy now accepting accolades (or hanging around watching your Amazon rating shooting up) to be reading my little blog, but if you happen upon this, you are AWESOME and I am so happy for you. And don't forget the little people.

No comments: