Monday, June 25, 2012

Zaragoza Deli Wins the Ultimate Picnic Challenge

This item seems to have gone unnoticed, so I have retrieved my rusty pen to comment on this week's New York Magazine who published one of their "let's get 3 chefs to make us a picnic" piece as a way to talk about food in a "served three ways top chef competition" approach. Each chef had to shop in either Union Square farmers market, Eataly or Zaragoza, and then a food critic judged them. 

And guess who won? Well, some chef won, the store wasn't really a competitor, but the guy who went to Zaragoza's was the winner. I felt happy for them for the recognition, and then slightly sad when I noticed they spelled it Zarazoga.


P.S. Thank you to Serious Eats  from whom I borrowed the above photo because I don't label photos well and can never retrieve the one I'm looking for. I was actually hoping to find one of the beautiful cat that lives in this store. When I googled Zaragoza new york deli cat, in addition to the store photo, this below was one of the top images served up by google. Go figure. Compelled to share.
 

No comments: