Five things disappearing from New York, that I noticed this week.
1. Almost everybody who would refer to the subway as the IRT or the BMT or the IND are dead. The husband commented that he never really learned which line was which. (If you want to learn more about it, click here.) Just last night I heard some people calling the N train "the yellow line." But some signs remain to remind us of the history of the subway. (34th Street)
2. A ham sandwich for $1.75 (34th Street and 8th Ave)
3. Appetizing used as a noun (3rd Avenue near 9th Street I think)
4. Guardian Angels (today on the Q)
5. Say goodbye to the o.b. tampon. If you see me walking around in tears with blood dripping down my legs, you will know why. Here are the last few boxes to be found in New York. The ultra size, which has no competition and nothing comparable on the market, were selling for $40 a box on e-bay.