Put yourself in this situation: your child is sick with an ugly and painful sore throat for several days. You take him or her to the doctor and are told that the test for strep would come back in 1-2 days and they would only call you if it was positive. On a Friday afternoon, your spouse gets a message on the home answering machine from the nurse asking you to return the call because the test results are in. Instead of calling back the doctor, or calling you and asking you to call the doctor, your spouse leaves to do laundry. You discover the message at 6pm, after the doctor's office is closed, presumably for the weekend.
1. You scream and yell to no avail and resume your normal life
2. You scream and yell and don't talk to your spouse for a period of 3 days, or until you get the test results, whichever is LONGER.
3. You go out to a bar, have a few drinks and spend a wild night with a stranger, for revenge.
4. You call your attorney and start the proceedings to file for divorce
5. You throw all caution to the wind and murder your spouse, making it look like suicide