Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Buttholes are Coming! The Buttholes are Coming!

Words do not describe my anticipation for Tuesday's upcoming performance of The Butthole Surfers. While I really wish they had a better name that didn't make me cringe (and it's rare that I cringe at anything), they have been my music of choice for the past several years. I never tire of listening to them over and over. It's almost obsessive. Ok it is obsessive.

Independent Worm Saloon, which is in my opinion a perfect album, is the only music that can keep me at the gym for more than 4 minutes.

Below is a video of their only real radio hit, but not in any way one of their best songs but the best video I could find of BHS. Being very lazy, it is actually the first video I looked at, and frankly I have no more patience to look further.

On a related note, it is very very odd that when you search for Butthole Surfers on YouTube, one of the top results is King Missile. It's uncanny when the things I love come together when I'm not looking. John & Gibby - you need to get together and do something.

Enjoy.

No comments: