Sunday, November 08, 2009

On a Sunday

I watched as a young woman walked away from her bag to get a dessert, and was gone for at least 10 minutes, only once looking back to check up on it.
This dress and its photographers were making its way around the neighborhood.
I love that this woman was cross stitching in public. I can't bring myself to knit in public, though it would be so satisfying to do it outside. I feel too self-conscious about being such a nerd.


Who was Rex Cole? Read about him here. Hint: he went bankrupt in 1935 and died in 1967 and the person who owns this building kept the sign up purposefully. Thank you for this little gem.


2 comments:

EV Grieve said...

A lovely photo essay... I've always appreciated that Rex Cole sign too. How much longer before someone finally removes it though?

Jill said...

According to the NY Times article where the info about Rex Cole comes from, the owner of the building purposefully cleaned and kept the sign, so as long as the owners remain the same I think that sign has a chance of sticking around. What a concept!